GO!

Weight and raw?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 8:25am PST 
I'm questioning if I'm giving Hank enough food per day, he's a mixed breed (mom purebred beagle dad a basset mix) the vet guessed that he'll be around 30-35 pound full grown. He'll be 6 months old in a few days and he's at 29lbs. Does anyone know how long a before a dog hits his full grown weight? Any way, I've been giving Hank a pound a day (1/2 pound morning, 1/2 pound evening). Around 1-2pm his stomach growls and it growls around 10ishpm as well. Should he be getting more per day? I wish I knew his full grown adult weight confused
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 1:08pm PST 
2-3% of a dog's weight/expected adult body weight is always just a starting point. Now that he's been on raw for a while, I would be adjusting his rations based on his condition. Does he have an hourglass shape with easily felt ribs? Or is there a layer of fat covering his ribs? Has he been looking skinnier or chunkier than you'd like?

Puppies go through growth spurts where they may need more food for a while, so if he seems really hungry in the middle of the day, you could either feed a little more at breakfast or offer a snack midday. Just keep an eye on his body condition to make sure you don't start overfeeding.
[notify]