GO!

Burying food!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 9:20am PST 
Any of your dogs bury their food?

I gave Hank his breakfast this morning of ground beef and a chicken wing. He ate all the ground beef and a portion of the wing then I watched him bury the rest of the chicken wing in the garden by the back door?
[notify]
Bullie

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 2:06pm PST 
As I trained my dogs to only eat over their placemats they don't get a chance to run off with their food let alone bury it.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 5:41pm PST 
It's not unusual behavior, but it isn't something I'd allow. Seems like a good way to attract wild animals. Mine have never tried to bury anything, but I feed them in a paved, outdoor pen.
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 9:03pm PST 
You probably fed a bit too much! Dogs cache food when they're full. Just pick up the left overs and toss/keep for next time.
[notify]
Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 11:39am PST 
He dug it up about an hour later and finished eating it....
[notify]
Crash- Dynamite

Live up to your- Name!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 9:58pm PST 
Crash does that. Does not bother me one bit. Last night found him eating a pork hock, but I had not given him one of those for days....... confused
But it's never that warm here so they don't get gross. (Alaska)
[notify]