GO!

The Stranger things where do you buy them?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 11:21pm PST 
Where do you buy the stranger animal parts that you can't usually get at the grocery store or ethnic markets?

I'm looking to purchase trechia (the chewable throat part) and dont know where to look. I got a good supply of beef pizzle fresh for me to dehydrate. I'm a little over excited about that one. But now i'm looking for trechea or tendon and not sure where to get that from at a competitive price. Any help in this matter would be greatly apprciated. I'm apparnetly going tobe pulling my dogs off dog food yet again.

Caroline just cant stomach it (literally) and Jake has that nasty smell again!!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 7:10am PST 
Butcher near me sells pig and lamb head that's oddest thing a store sells..

I usually see trachea in co op or places like my pet carnivore.. Maybe contact a local farmer or meat processor or butcher and see if they mind keeping those things you want?
[notify]
Maxwell

Smiling on the- inside

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 12:54pm PST 
I am in the Chicagoland area, and I've recently started ordering from mypetcarnivore.com. They do local deliveries in many states in the midwest and will ship anywhere in the continental US. They have trachea and a whole lot of other stuff I can't find anywhere else (spleen, pancreas, etc.).

Edited by author Thu Mar 28, '13 12:55pm PST

[notify]

Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 7:32pm PST 
Greentripe.com sells trachea. I keep telling my relatives to head to the bay area via the 25 as it is a lovely drive and by coincidence goes right by Hollister where greentripe is located but no takers so far. My favorite mission is nearby as well and the new national park is also on the way. And no takers......

Most odd bits I get come from Creston Valley. Llama heads, whole prey, tendons and such.
[notify]