GO!

Bone Meal or plant mixture like it?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 10:52am PST 
Where can you buy bone meal for dogs?

Or is there some mix of veggies i can use to simulate the firming up action of bone? I'll give Caroline dried up egg shells no problem.

And both my dogs get a dietary suppliment to make sure all nutrients are accounted for.

Thanks
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 2:20pm PST 
Don't use bone meal for dogs, use something like NOW bone meal which is meant for human use.

Use about 25% of the meat's weight in veggies whether you are feeding bone meal or egg shell as most of the bulk of the bone is lost when processing. Try to use a mix of low calorie ones like celery, greens and such rather than potatoes. Of course no grapes or onions!

There is a short thread in Home cooking forum that mentions some supplements for a raw diet. Most supplements don't work well with raw as the things that are low in kibble and such aren't what is low in raw!
[notify]