GO!

clean up.

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Ozzy- PawsBourne

The prince of- Barkness

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 3:03pm PST 
I feed my two Dalmatians in the kitchen for easy clean up, How do i clean up? not the kitchen but the dogs. Like them eating the raw chicken and them licking us or using their paws to hold the chicken and then walking on our bed. how do I keep us from getting sick? Also is all raw meat as bad as raw chicken? I cant feed beef my options are chicken, turkey, fish, pork. And no organ meat.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:00pm PST 
Is he allergic to beef? (it's important to feed red meat when you can, so keep that in mind when you look at your meat options)

My dog doesn't get very messy when she eats. She won't use her paws, only recently she's been using them more because I've been feeding her more complicated stuff on purpose.

You can buy antibacterial wipies and wipe your dogs face and paws after they eat.

Raw meat from the store is not really that messy and kept cold to keep away bacteria. All meat has the potential to harbor bacteria quickly once it becomes a good temperature for bacteria to grow, but so does all other foods.
Just use common sense, like you would when preparing food raw meat or veggies for yourself. I have been feeding my dog raw for over a year and never had anything bad happen to anyone in my household from it.
[notify]
Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:05pm PST 
no not allergic, Dalmatians aren't allowed beef, every once in awhile...maybe once a month. same thing goes for organ meats. they are high in purines and the Dalmatians body has a hard time processing them and can for stones in the kidneys and bladder. My boyfriend was worried if he would lick us after eating we would get sick.
[notify]

Barbaro

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 6:30pm PST 
I just started feed raw to my dalmatian and was wondering the same thing. He loves to give kisses but I've been hesitant since starting.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 6:54pm PST 
I feed my Italian greyhound raw venison and he gives me kisses, not just kisses iggy kisses which are basically French kisses. Italian greyhounds are famous for it and I haven't gotten sick. Sandy is allergic to chicken so I avoid all poultry. Can Dalmatians eat venison? Or rabbit maybe? I'd be more worried about chicken kisses because of salmonella but sandy is allergic so I don't feed it. U can use wet ones the antibacterial wipe on their paws.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 7:15pm PST 
Dunno.. My dog has been eating raw for nearly 3 years and I don't clean his paws or face.. Sometimes he rolls in his food too. shh

I think for Dals its that you can't feed red meat ? Since you can't feed organs make sure you have a good supplement so they get all of the vitamins they need.
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 10:44pm PST 
My dogs clean themselves up pretty well - I don't worry about it honestly. My dogs ate about half an hour ago and have been dozing on my bed for at least the last 15 minutes and I didn't do any clean up on them. I know some people will wipe down paws and mouths, but I am not too concerned about it. There are no immune compromised people in the house either, plus...I am lazy and catching each dog as they finish is more work than it is worth.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 11:48pm PST 
I only wipe Rexy's feet when she has had a particularly large meal where she has used her feet to help hold it in place. If she were using her feet to eat on a regular basis, then I'd be wiping them down after every meal.

I use a soapy rag to clean out the meat that is caked under her nails and to wipe off the blood that is on her feet and legs. I find "meat feet" pretty gross and don't want her walking through the house like that...

For hard surfaces (floors, counters etc) I use undiluted white vinegar in a spray bottle.
[notify]