GO!

Red Snapper Head?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 3:00pm PST 
So I decided to be adventurous a few weeks back and bought a whole red snapper fish.
Looking at prep now, I ditch the head pretty well at the first step.

Is it safe to give this to the dogs raw? It's been in the freezer for about 3 weeks now.
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 3:39pm PST 
Just found my answer!
Sorry for wasting anyone's time laugh out loud

On another note, history has been made. Rigby will NOT touch raw fish, but Cobain loves it.
Rigby is an "eat first ask questions later" type of dog. And Cobain turns his nose up at most other raw food.
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 NAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 8:45pm PST 
I gave Addie one and she loved it. Note to self though.. too much scales, she vomited up a scale ball in the middle of the night... ewww.
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 3:04am PST 
Yuck!
I thought that was going to happen that night with Cobain!

I woke up around 2am hearing him cough a little. Got up and made sure his water dish was full, he took a drink and it stopped thankfully. I don't think I could deal with cleaning up the fish scales silenced
[notify]