GO!

started raw today!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:28am PST 
I have been thinking about switching my 11 year old sheltie over to raw because his teeth and gums look horrendous with the kibble. I was waiting til I got my puppy. Well, I got the 4 month old Akita puppy today and they both started raw together. The puppy has been playing with her food for 2 hours. I don't think she has eaten a bite of it yet. Bodie, my sheltie came back for thirds! I had to tell him no when he came back for a fourth time. He absolutely loved it! I was afraid that since he has been on kibble for 11 years that I would have problems with him. Surprise! He loves it. May just be too much change for the little one today. We will try again tomorrow. Surprise right as I am writing this I hear crunching coming from back porch. The puppy is crunching away on her raw lunch! Hooray! I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and want to thank you all for the help!
[notify]