GO!

Raw Foods

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Samantha

Networkdogsupply- (dot)com

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 4:31am PST 
Hello Everyone!

I have plan to shift the food of my dogs to raw foods. I plan to feed them first frequently then regularly after a month. I just want to know if is it good to feed raw foods to my dogs.

I need your advice. Thank you.

Edited by author Mon Feb 11, '13 10:50am PST

[notify]
Oliver

Gotta love me !

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 5:11am PST 
Yes, raw is great. You might want to post in the Raw Forum.
[notify]
Danya

A- species-appropri- ate diet is the- best!

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 5:54am PST 
Hello Samantha,
Are you kidding?... a balanced, enzyme-rich raw meat diet is not only the best but what they've been eating for the last 40 million years or so.

If you don't want to make it yourself, pet food stores that sell the good stuff will have some frozen brands that are also very good.
If you want to respond with the city you live in or are near I an recommend a few stores.
Bon chance, Roger Biduk
[notify]

Samantha

Networkdogsupply- (dot)com

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 5:19am PST 
I did some research also and I found out that raw foods are good to the dogs.
I am here now in New York.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 8:58am PST 
If you're planning to switch to raw, I highly recommend reading Chance's Beginner's Guide to Prey Model Raw. Raw foods are fantastic for most dogs, but an improperly balanced raw diet can do more harm than good, so it is important to know what you're doing. Any specific questions, feel free to post them. There are lots of people here who have been feeding raw for years that can offer advice.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 4:34pm PST 
I've been feeding prey model raw for over a year now! hooray!
I'm sure you have already read about all the benefits to feeding raw.

It was confusing and daunting at first, then then it was a lot of work for a while, but then I finally found a way to prepare my dogs raw diet that totally worked for me and it's a breeze now and if you follow prey model raw, it's pretty darn easy. We are here to help with any questions you have. ^^
[notify]