|Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 9:24am PST |
|I currently feed around 25% fiber. Generally it's coming from our fridge, either as leftovers or extra stuff we won't use before they go bad.
- They are definitely getting something out of it, because if I drop that 25% without increasing their meat portion they will lose weight.
- If I go over 25%, it's wasted extra. They lose weight with the smaller meat portion or don't gain, if I leave the meat portion the same. And their poop is HUGE.
- Definitely helps poop consistency. Without it, it's almost like their poo is too small to pass properly.
- It's cost-effective, at least for us.
- I currently can't get a great variety of meat.
- There are a lot of beneficial nutrients in veggies, moreso, I think, than in feed-lot meat. Although given the first two points, it needs to be supplemental. I have no idea how people feed their dogs vegetarian diets.
- Fruits are really only for the nutrients... Too much fruit will actually cause loose poop. Also none of my dogs can process apple peel at all, to any degree. It comes out whole in diarrhea or gets puked up with bile.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|