GO!

Raw feeding advice

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Bailey

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 4:59am PST 
Hi
My name is Bailey and I`m 10 weeks old. I love raw and my Mum wants to switch me over to prey model raw. Any advice for raw feeding us puppies? Any supplements that are recommend she add?

Edited by author Thu Jan 3, '13 5:00am PST

[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 9:58am PST 
The main concern with puppies is making sure you don't overdo the 10% bone content, as too much calcium is not a good thing for a growing dog. Variety can generally be introduced faster with young puppies than adults, but you'll probably still want to introduce new proteins one at a time.

The main supplement to consider is fish oil, if you're not feeding oily fish, like sardines, or grass fed meat. Commercially raised meat generally doesn't have the correct balanced of omegas, and fish oil can help to correct it.

I'd highly recommend reading through Chance's Beginner's Guide To Prey Model Raw PDF for just about everything you'll need to know about feeding prey model.
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 CL4- OAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:02am PST 
I was going to post that link too, you beat me to it! Its a very good read and will answer a lot of your questions. We are here to help too, of course.

As stated before, just be careful with the calcium/phosphorus ratio.

it was one of the best things Ive ever done for Addie!
[notify]

Sausage

feed me

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 12:47pm PST 
I only supplement with seal oil, two teaspoons every day. She did great without it, but her coat is softer and shinier with it.
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 8:10pm PST 
Seal oil is ILLEGAL in the United States.
[notify]