GO!

Something we ate upset our tummy

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Ninja PD- SR-1 MBDCh- FM TF3

Take That!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 3:26pm PST 
Im not sure which has upset Ninja's tummy..last night he ate a fairly large meal of frozen pork, (which he's used to) and some chicken hearts. This morning he vomited and has liquid poop, and is laying around sleeping and feeling warm. He has very little energy, which is NOT like him. Im thinking i'll just not feed him for a day and let him rest and hopefully he will feel better tomorrow, but I still hate seeing him like that and im a worry wort so it upsets me.

Any ideas on what i can do to help him feel better? I dont like the vet option unless i have to.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 3:54pm PST 
was it his first time eating chicken hearts?
[notify]

Take That!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 3:57pm PST 
i think so..honestly he usually eats PMR, so hes had whole chickens before.
[notify]

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 4:32pm PST 
ah, whole chickens with the heart in too?
well, either way, if this meal was not what he normal eats, then it could have upset his tummy. I gave Cookie some pork the other day, which she'd been eating just a week ago, and she threw it up. but she's fine now.
Hopefully he feels better soon.
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 7:11pm PST 
From my own experience, it doesn't sound severe enough to be food poisoning (salmonella, etc). It's probably something similar but more mild.

Offer lots of water and keep on eye on them smile.
[notify]

Take That!

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 10:00am PST 
When i got home last night from work he was much better, jumping all over me and throwing his toys all over the room and wrestling with my other dog. Such a relief! still watching him and fasting him for 24 hours and then starting him on bland chicken with no skin/fat for awhile.
[notify]