GO!

can't get to store and out of raw meat

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 12:38pm PST 
We were going to get some more meat today. But our truck broke down yesterday. We took it to a shop today, and they said it's not fixable. So now we're without a vehicle.

What am I supposed to feed Treader for now? I think we may have some canned fish, but isn't mercury a concern? (Plus Treader doesn't like fish and I have a hard time getting him to eat it.) I've fed canned salmon on occasion, but pretty sure we don't have any right now.

I can feed him some beef patties, but after several days of that already he needs a bone-in meal and for variety's sake I want to feed something other than beef as he's had a lot of that lately.
(I can crush egg shells and mix them with the beef, of course, but he spits most of the egg shells out.)

Edited by author Wed Nov 28, '12 12:50pm PST

[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 1:22pm PST 
You could add some pureed veggies to the plain meat for some bulk. Eggs? Cheese? Yogurt? I wouldn't worry about too much mercury in fish for a week or so. Mostly mention it because you would try to avoid feeding such fish for long periods of time.
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 2:55pm PST 
Do you have a coffee grinder? Works great for turning eggshell into powder! No spitting that out if you mix it into the ground beef.
[notify]

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 5:50pm PST 
No coffee grinder.

Are sardines okay to feed?
[notify]
Hadley

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 5:59pm PST 
Sardines are really good to feed. I feed them at least once a week!
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 6:09pm PST 
That's good to know. Just gave Treader some and he seems to like them.

Edited by author Wed Nov 28, '12 6:12pm PST

[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 9:22pm PST 
Saya loves sardines! smile I always make sure I have some caned sardines, salmon or mackerel.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 10:04pm PST 
Chance has been enjoying no-sodium added canned sardines this month with her joint supplements. Dog can get downright violent over canned sardines!
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 11:52pm PST 
Treader never liked salmon. Wonder if he'd like mackerel.thinking
In any case, I will try to feed fish a bit more often I think. He needs more variety than he's been getting.

Edited by author Thu Nov 29, '12 11:53pm PST

[notify]