GO!

Whole prey question...and a story

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 7:06pm PST 
Wow, what a strange experience!

Max once pooped out a petrified looking chicken neck with no poop around it. that was when he was quite new to eating raw. His first gulp and I missed it.

And then there was Raymond. We were on a hike and he was at one end of a gopher hole while Sassy was at the other. The gopher decided to try to get past Ray and my 20 pound dog swallowed the gopher whole and unchomped. And no sign of it ever. No fur. No teeth. No bone. This was a kibble fed dog too.
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 7:50pm PST 
laugh out loud Wow, what a story! That must have been a pretty stealthy quick-grab, indeed, and professes to the protective quality of feathers! I have to admit, I kinda wanna see the photo.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 8:09pm PST 
Morbid curiosity drives me to want to see the picture too laugh out loud
[notify]

Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 3:19pm PST 
Holy moly, Maxwell, a live gopher?! I cannot imagine...

I will post the bird pic if someone explains how to do that!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 4:25pm PST 
You'll need to upload the picture to a photo sharing site like Photobucket or Flickr, then you can use this to make the code that will allow you to put the picture into your post.
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 3:36pm PST 
We'll see if this works! Here is the infamous bird-poop...

Bird poop
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 4:36pm PST 
Wow! I would never have guessed that bird had gone through a dog's digestive system and out the other side laugh out loud
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 6:06pm PST 
Yea, you can see now why I was so shocked! The only evidence of digestion is on the legs...it kinda looks like bare bone.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 6:10pm PST 
Wow, you would think there would be a coating of slime or something.
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 6:17pm PST 
This was 18 hours later and after a nighttime freeze/daytime thaw. I took the picture the next day. The mucous was evident when it first came out.

I actually thought at first that he vomited it up. I knew he hadn't vomited, but it was confusing and a bit surreal in the dark as I was staring down at this slimey bird in my flashlight beam.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3