GO!

Fish oil and Vit E

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 7:31pm PST 
Hey guys i have a kelpie mix who is around 17.5 to 18 kilos i was wondering how many capsules of 1000mg fish oil do i give a day to her? and then how many vit e capsules which are 250iu a week to balance with the fish oil? to not deplete vit e etc
thanks smile
[notify]
Rukia

Right. Now let- me tell you- about MY day

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 1:36am PST 
We personally give both our dogs (a 20 pound shiba and a 90 pound hybrid) a single capsule of 1000mg fish oil every day with and a 400UI capsule of vitamin E every other day. It seems to work very well for them. We have been doing that for almost a year and they both have wonderful coats, but I am no expert by any means. Hope I helped some though.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 9:50am PST 
http://shibainumaya.blogspot.com/2012/08/vitamin-e.html

This blog here has a post on vitamin E and talks about what to look for and what to not get how to tel natural vs synthetic.

I don't give fish oil since I feed good bit of raw fish plus caned fish plus a bit of grass fed meat used to when she was kibble fed and new to raw.
[notify]