GO!

Free Meat!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 3:52pm PST 
I don't know what Freecycle postings yield in other areas of the country, but around here they are a HUGE score! Just thought I would share this in case it gives ideas to others.

I posted an ad last night and am already set up to clean out an elderly lady's freezer on Thursday, pick up some slightly freezer-burnt meat from another family's side of beef later tonight, and got hooked up with a hunter who said he will give me all his venison scrap and organ.

You have to be sensible, of course, and make sure you have a good feeling about the people. But I have scored A LOT of free dog food on Freecycle and never once had an issue with it. It's just normal folks who let a few steaks and whatnot sit in the freezer too long.

I take everything they offer and don't get picky about seasoned, cooked, etc. If it's something I can't feed, I just toss it (or give it away, in the case of chicken which Duke is allergic to). I figure, they are doing me a favor, so I'm not going to ask them to pick through their freezers.

Just thought I would share. Now is the time of year people are clearing out freezers for the upcoming Fall deer hunt.

Edited by author Tue Nov 6, '12 3:53pm PST

[notify]
Presley- Dillon

People should- pet me more!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 3:38pm PST 
Hey Duke, thanx for the freecycle idea, I'm sure it will be beneficial to other members! I tried craigslist twice but all I got were very strange responses that I won't go into...lol
I have found a very friendly Deer Processor though who has been giving me some really nice Deer scraps every week! So for those of you who have Deer Processors close by I would definitely give them a try before Deer Season is over!!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 8:34am PST 
I haven't put an ad on freecycle yet freeze is still full so don't want to be like I can only take this much. laugh out loud

I did got some from someone advertising they have freezer meat once it was a nice small score and he got some space in his freeze. smile
[notify]

Jobi

Clown Dog

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 6:47pm PST 
how about we post our unwanted meat here?

i am in toronto, canada and i have two bags of chicken feet my dogs won't touch.. who wants them? or can we trade for other meat?
[notify]