GO!

I FOUND SPLEEN!!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Winston-dog

Sir Winston- Crazy-dog - can we play yet?

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 1:46pm PST 
Sorry for the excitement, but hubby just doesn't get it shrug

For the past few months I have only been able to find liver and kidney for organs, and I have been asking at all the butchers, checking out all the ethnic shops, and had just about given up hope.

Then I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend, about a guy selling beef necks, bones, minces, etc cheaper than the supplier I was using.

I picked up my first order of beef necks last night, and he was showing me all the products (great selection!) they don't have on their website, and I asked him just on the off chance, and he said "Oh sure, I can get you some of that, how much do you want?"

happy dance

Any other suggestions for particularly good organs?
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 1:58pm PST 
That's great!!!! Some people just don't know what real excitement is. wink
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 5:23pm PST 
Pancreas/sweetbreads. I have such a hard time finding it.

I end up paying too much for it from MPC, but it's such a small part of the diet that I suck it up and pay the outrageous price.
[notify]

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 5:46pm PST 
LOL I gasped out loud when I read your title.

I just got done making the first batch of my homemade organ cubes. they are freezing right now.
but spleen was pretty much the only thing I was missing from what Cookie had been getting premade.

u lucky dog
[notify]
Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 6:07pm PST 
I feed spleen fairly often. I think it smells awful, and hate portioning it, but my 3 love it!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 6:45pm PST 
i am SO happy for you! i understand your excitement!! dancing cheer happy dance
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 9:32pm PST 
I have never seen a spleen before anywhere! Top score!
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 12:36am PST 
I know your excitement! I was sooooo excited when I found spleen and brains I called my hubby from the meat section to tell him.
snoopy
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 8:15am PST 
I can only get ground spleen which is super gross to deal with -- it's a gooshy sloppy mess and I have such a hard time getting it out of the "tube" it's in...argh!
[notify]
Winston-dog

Sir Winston- Crazy-dog - can we play yet?

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 12:57pm PST 
dancing

I think he is quite closely associated with an abbitoir or similar, so next time I get stuff off him I might just ask him what else he can get me, and see what I end up with.
Fresh bully sticks anyone? shock
[notify]