GO!

Vet Is Anti Raw, Should I Still Go?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 11:43am PST 
Well I went to the vets today with Bella, I got just her rabies at the moment, and I can't really afford $200 for a titer. I really didn't like this vet one bit. First off when I talked to him about the fact that Bella could have a food allergy he talked as if he knew everything about raw and said "Well it's a shame because you can't do an elimination diet with raw" Ticked me off because in truth raw is the best thing to do an elimination diet with because you know exactly what's going into it, and there are so few ingredients you need really, compared to the thousands of things that are put into kibble. I also didn't like how he talked to my mother instead of me when clearly she was sitting behind me and I was holding Bella and talking to him. Even when I asked a question about what he was doing or something, he wouldn't tell me to answer, he'd tell my mother. I know I'm only 16, but I'm not stupid, I know a bit about dog care, and I'm also not deaf you don't have to talk to my mother as if she's my translator. naughty

Also as someone said before a bit of bedside manor is nice, but he just overdid it. I had a legit concern about what would happen when Bella went to get spayed. Since she is my ESA and highly highly needed. She prevents and clams me during panic attacks, and just helps me with everything. I once went a month without her because I went to my dads house in California. I ended up having to go to the hospital because I was having so many panic attacks and was too scared to even leave my room to eat. So I made a comment to my mom about it, and he joked it off.

The hunt for a vet goes on.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 12:36pm PST 
Sorry the vet was such a wank! I've dumped 2 vets for that reason and 1 entire clinic for a vet saying a commercial food was no-good because it was just meat, bones, organs and vitamins/minerals needed to make it AAFCO compliant.

Good luck with the search and good for you for trusting your instincts!
[notify]
Presley- Dillon

People should- pet me more!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 3:42pm PST 
We should ALL contact Mr. Neal D Lease ( I just love his name... lol) & offer to thank him for enlightening us all to the fact that Commercial dogfood (Processed crap in a bag!) is necessary & RAW (Natural, healthy, digestible food the way nature intended!) is NOT necessarythinking
It must be true because he has championship winning dogs & everything!!! laugh out loud
[notify]

Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 9:03am PST 
Oh wow he said that, then I must run out and buy my dog a bunch of little brown triangle instead of her fresh food! Poor Bella will be itching a lot more since her skin issues had gotten 10x better since I switched from high quality kibble to raw.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3