GO!

Enhanced %?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 11:26am PST 
What's the maximum level of enhancement I should accept in any meat I purchase?

There's some cheap pork I can buy at $1.99/lb (pork is VERY expensive where I live - when I was vacationing up in Canada I brought back about 60-70lbs of it because I could get it at $1.29/lb for cuts that normally cost $2.49/lb or more here), but it's enhanced with a 12% solution. Is that too much?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 6:04pm PST 
12% of what? What is the actual sodium content of the meat?

Not sure buying any is really worth supporting this deceitful marketing. You are paying for 12% of a solution of sodium phosphate instead of meat.

That said Max can take about 160 mg of sodium per serving meat in half a day's ration every other day or so just fine. Every dog is different though.

Why this bothers some dogs but kibble has a lot more sodium I don't know.
[notify]
Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '12 6:10pm PST 
Samson-you are in Indiana? Do you have a Marsh nearby? They currently have Boston Butts on sale for $0.98 per pound. I bought four 3-4 pounders today, and 3 of them were boneless. I also have a Northern Indiana supplier who gets me great variety at great prices.

Send me a PM, and we can connect via FB if you want, and I'll share my source.
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 10:35am PST 
Yeah Marsh has some decent deals on pork sometimes.

I love the deals with the pork roast, pork chops, ribs in one pack..

I got a big pork shoulder roast for 88cents or 99cents lb once it had a lot of skin so nice chew workout..
[notify]