GO!

Poop's off

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 3:04pm PST 
I started Jewel on pre-made raw a couple weeks ago and this morning her poop was a green/yellow colour!

I've recently started adding salmon oil, am I using too much?

She also had a kong yesterday with cooked turkey, yogurt and peanut butter.

She seems fine otherwise.
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 3:46pm PST 
Weird-colored poop happens. I wouldn't sweat it unless it's accompanied by other symptoms. White meats come out lighter, red meats come out darker, and bloody meat/organ can come out very dark (almost black).

But grass always comes out green. silenced

Duke sometimes has black-and-tan poop if he gets a meal of, say, turkey followed by venison. With kibble, everything comes out looking the same...not so with raw.

Edited by author Mon Oct 15, '12 3:56pm PST

[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 7:51pm PST 
Bet it was the kong. No snacks for a couple days until poop looks normal again. If things stay bad then back to skinned bony chicken until they look good again.
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 7:24am PST 
Last night it was like half green half normal. laugh out loud Phew!
[notify]