GO!

Vacation

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Joey

Joey Bruno

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 1:12pm PST 
In three weeks I will be gone for ten days and a friend will be dogsitting. I am pretty new to the raw diet for both my boys (3 weeks in). I am wondering what all of you experienced raw feeders do when you go on vacation? I was thinking of weighing everything out and putting it in ziploc bags with the days for a label. Any ideas/suggestions?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 1:18pm PST 
That is exactly what I do. If another bag is put into the refrigerator when the thawed bag is taken out to feed it should be thawed by the next day.
Works great. Make sure to put the easiest to eat bone in there and have your dog sitter see a mealtime a couple times before they take charge so they can see how it goes.
[notify]
Winston-dog

Sir Winston- Crazy-dog - can we play yet?

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 6:39pm PST 
We've just got back froma two week vacation with my father in law looking after the dog, I feed Winston off a menu normally, so I labelled bags "mon am" "mon pm" "tues am" and so on with his normal meals in them, and then put 6-8 of these into larger plastic bags, labelled Bag 1, Bag 2 etc, so he could get out a few days worth of food at a time to defrost.
Worked wonderfully, but I'll let someone more experienced tell you if there are any adaptations you should make being so new to raw feeding.

Edited by author Mon Oct 15, '12 6:40pm PST

[notify]