GO!

Raw and kibble at the same time?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 5:31pm PST 
Well, I mix up pedigree and raw with no problems, so I don't know if the whole grain thing holds up, like Conker and Saya say. I don't bother buying the grain free stuff, it's too expensive just for treats!

There is a new brand at the supermarket though with no grains, it's $15 bucks for a small baggie but maybe I will try it and see if I see any difference. thinking

I feed cat kibble too sometimes with his raw, again no biggie at all, it's a definite know your own dog situation.

My dog's iron gut gives me no reason to be anti-grain I suppose laugh out loud for now.
[notify]
Reyna

Don\'t Reyna Me- In

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:40am PST 
I'm of the thought that raw and kibble mixed together should not be a problem for the average dog. Just a few days ago I spoke with the nutritionist of a major pet food company that does NOT produce raw but produces high quality kibble (he's a friend of mine) and he said there is absolutely no reason raw and kibble can't be mixed, but, like everybody else said, know your dog. Some dogs may do fine, others may really struggle.
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 7:35am PST 
I was super careful at the beginning of keeping the kibble meal and raw separate until I realized the number of commercial treats the 2 get on class or trial days. shrug Now I do add feet or hearts to the kibble meals sometimes.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2