GO!

Pork shoulder country style rib

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Chewy

Tall,Dark, and,- Handsome

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 3:20pm PST 
I got Chewy a pack of two pork shoulder country style ribs, 1.25lbs. I'm not an experienced raw feeder, and only give occasional treats. I usually get lamb shanks, but there weren't any so I got these.

Is there any part of the bone that is inedible or can I just let him have at them?

Thanks
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 3:49pm PST 
Do they have a Y shaped bone that is sawn on both sides? The edges are much sharper than whole bone and could cut the gums of eager eaters who aren't paying attention. The bone itself is easily eaten. If they are large enough they are otherwise fine as far as I know. Around here I can get big pieces of whole pork shoulder for much less so haven't bought any.
[notify]