GO!

Feeding Crickets?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 6:44am PST 
Hello again,

So I was just wandering around online, and I found something that talked about feeding crickets to raw fed dogs and cats, does anyone do this, is it good for them? I looked up how to raise them, and it seems pretty easy, so if they're good for Bella and my cats I'd love to get some. Also, does anyone know how often they can be fed to dogs and cats (If they are ok at all)
[notify]
Murphy

Smurph Man

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 8:13am PST 
Eww lol! I've never heard of feeding dogs crickets, I have a gecko and get weekly crickets for her, so if dogs can eat crickets I might try and give Murph one. However it sounds so nasty laugh out loud.

I feel like there would be an increased risk of parasites and yucky stuff like that thoughthinking

Edited by author Sat Sep 29, '12 8:14am PST

[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 9:24am PST 
parasites shouldn't be a problem if the crickets come from a good source.

honestly, Cookie has eaten a couple wild crickets. lol nasty but hey it gets rid of them and she has fun chasing them.

I've got a spider and he's not quite big enough for crickets yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to letting Cookie have her way with one if I had them already. lol
they are so small that I can't imagine them having any effect on diet, it sounds more like a fun treat to chase.
[notify]

Buster

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 9:46am PST 
Buster eats flies if he can catch them and spiders that come into the house I can't imagine crickets would make them sick if they can eat those.
[notify]