GO!

Emu

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 9:13am PST 
I always go to Madison WI for a shiba picnic in August and I always go to the farmer's market there because it's really huge bigger then the one by me..

I found one guy who raises Emu..

I got two lbs ground emu for Saya not bad price bit higher then usual, but I thought it'd be fun to try.

Mom got a lb of ground emu and emu brats! The emu hamburger tasted wonderful can't wait to try the brats..

Anyways I had asked about any organs sadly they didn't have any with them at the time.

I might be able to get a bone in item so would any part of bone in emu be good to give?

I'm thinking of seeing if they can give me emu neck with meat and skin still on it not sure if they'd do it, but worth asking..

I'll probably get some emu liver and kidney if they are able to do it not sure if they do butchering themselves or not.

I'll give them a call before we come next year so they can put away good bit of stuff..
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 12:08pm PST 
Max has had emu wing tips [big thumbs up from us both, like very long soft pork ribs with weird feathers at the tips] and ostrich leg joints [Max loves but they scare me]. I would love to feed emu neck, sounds like awesome stuff. I bet the ribs and tails would be terrific as well. If the tendons are left on the leg bones then they are incredible. My issue was Max wanted to chew the bones more than the tendons and those bones are HUGE.

I hope you can get some emu bits soon!
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 6:14pm PST 
Hey, Saya, I didn't know you were so close. We live in Madison. smile We have one of the best Farmer's Markets in the country! I know the emu lady you're talking about. I haven't ever bought from her only because Duke is allergic to ostrich, so I wasn't sure how he would tolerate emu.

Have you ever talked to the guy from Janesville who sells buffalo? Sometimes he has heart and tongue in the freezer at the farmer's market for a decent price.

Do you know about UW Provision? The restaurant wholesaler?

Edited by author Sat Sep 22, '12 6:17pm PST

[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '12 8:37pm PST 
Oh wow, good find!

We have it here of course but its too expensive to feed, I would like to try it myself.

Jackson loves kangaroo though, maybe one day you will find a roo raiser too! I also see wallaby meat around and people in NZ eat possum (but that's illegal here I think.)

Lucky Saya, she gets so many awesome meals.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 4:14pm PST 
I live in Lafayette IN, but go there once year in August for shiba picnic luckily it is usually on the day of the farmer's market. So we buy some stuff put it in the hotel fridge and get the dogs and go to the meet up..

I dunno probably passed them.
[notify]