GO!

Where to buy lamb neck with bone still in it?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 2:16pm PST 
Hey guys! Does anyone know where to buy lamb neck with the bones still in it? I haven't seen it at HEB or whole foods, and I've called 3 different butcher shops in town (Austin, TX)- none of which carry it shrug

I know I've mentioned wanting to add RMBs to my dogs' pre-made raw diet for the dental benefits, but man, after trying to brush their teeth a few times I've decided it's time to go ahead and do it. Do you have any idea how hard it is to brush a 3 pound dog's teeth that is NOT down with the idea!? Not a pleasant experience. RMB are a better option, but I want to stick with lamb and/or beef since one is very allergic to chicken and neither of them have had pork. They currently rotate between beef, lamb, and venison frozen raw medallions.

I'm open to other cut suggestions of beef or lamb good for teeth cleaning if lamb neck is one of those things that is difficult to acquire- preferably something size appropriate for dogs that weigh 3.4 and 6.2 pounds. Thanks!
[notify]
Winston-dog

Sir Winston- Crazy-dog - can we play yet?

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 2:47pm PST 
How are they with lamb ribs? Would they be any easier to find?
Can't help you with where to buy them sorry, we have lamb necks in our butchers.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 3:44pm PST 
Saya loves lamb ribs. The butcher sometimes gets lamb necks I don't see it too often though.

They had pork necks, but they were cut up and mostly bone.. :
[notify]

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 3:56pm PST 
Some people on other raw groups have mentioned WalMart for unenhanced lamb necks. We have one of the WalMart supermarket only stores here and no lamb.
[notify]