GO!

How to respond to detractors?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Olive

Lab/Rottie/Chow/- Shepherd Mix!

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 5:59am PST 
I'd move on. This person is trolling Craigslist - you want meat, they don't have meat, they just want to tell you what you're doing is "wrong".

Next.

My posts keep getting flagged and removed. *sigh*.... Haters.
What section are you posting in?
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 8:16am PST 
Same here, Olive. Every ad I post on CL gets deleted within an hour.

I have had luck on Freecycle, though. I think the people there have a different mentality, and you can't delete other people's ads!
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 3:11pm PST 
I put my ad in the "Wanted" section. Hasn't been flagged yet.
[notify]

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 7:04pm PST 
I'd be like "Thank you for the concern, but I know what I'm doing."
[notify]
Zeppelin CGN

Mellow is the- path to- happiness

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 7:51pm PST 
Noah, what a coincidence! I just got a similar response from my post on Kijiji. Woowee! Someone actually wrote:
"Why would you keep your dogs if you can't afford to feed them....would you like to eat freezer burnt food???? don't be so selllfish and give them away if you can't affort to feed them fresh food!!!"
It just made me laugh! big laugh
But I wrote back something similar to you "Thanks for your concern, but it IS safe."

ETA: I got a response from another person saying she could direct me to a kibble food bank to help feed my pups. After I emailed her back that I feed raw and that it's not for monetary reasons, she actually wrote to me again and said "thanks for educating me". Speading the love!

Edited by author Tue Aug 28, '12 7:55pm PST

[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 6:47pm PST 
That's funny Zeppelin! I wish people would realize how silly they sound when they say things like that.
[notify]
Zeppelin CGN

Mellow is the- path to- happiness

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 7:11pm PST 
I'm sure my response made them feel "silly", since I was very polite and provided valid information. They must of felt like red face
hahaha!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2