GO!

It's been 3months on raw and i'm shedding like crazy ? PLEASE HELP

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 6:49am PST 
Not sure why Harley is shedding so much, I thought that was one of the benifits of raw? He has never shed this much before? Just thought it was kind of odd, (New to dogster, first post! hello everyone smilehappy dance
[notify]
Brody

Tiny boy, but he- has a huge- heart!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 7:50am PST 
It's been a really HOT summer. I've heard many folks complaining about shedding problems.

Do you give an omega 3 supplement? Fish oil?

How much red meat do you feed? What does a basic week look like?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 8:49am PST 
All the hair has to be lost every year. It is how it happens that might change. Healthy skin holds on to the hair and loses it in a shorter time period while dry unhealthy skin drops hair constantly. Give your dog a bath and brush until completely dry, gets out gobs of hair at one time.

Sassy's best shed was during a camping trip in hot weather. By the time we were home all the old coat was gone and there were ZERO Sassy dust puppies in the house until the following year. The worst was when she was dehydrated and developing kidney issues, if you touched her a cloud of dandruff and hair swirled around her.
[notify]

Buster

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 11:04am PST 
It's just the heat I would guess most animals are shedding raw fed or not. My terrier doesn't shed but I only have to touch my rabbit at the minute to come away with fur.
[notify]