GO!

Anyone feed Darwins?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Mr. Blue

I'm not blue at- all!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 7:52am PST 
We've been feeding Natures Variety Raw and just found Darwin's thanks to this forum - it will save us money, plus we don't have to drive to get it and use our zip lock bags to store it in.

Just wondering who here feeds it, do your dogs love it, notice any benefits, etc? Thanks!
[notify]
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 11:54am PST 
I started out feeding raw to Okami using Darwin's. It was an easy way to get into the whole raw feeding idea, and it was pretty easy to get the right measurements, but it does have a pretty high amount of veggies in it. In the end, I made the switch to prey model, it gives Okami more variety and frankly it's more fun for me! laugh out loud

But Darwin's is pretty good overall, it's a very good price for pre-made raw and it was fairly easy to get used to. The only thing I noticed about it was, I believe because of the amount of veggies in it, Okami didn't have as many positive changes until I switch to prey model (i.e. smaller poos, healthier shine to coat, and minimal smell to breath and poo). Those changes definitely were there somewhat from being on a high quality kibble, but not as well until I switched to prey model. Plus the ground stuff does nothing for keeping teeth clean wink
[notify]