GO!

Mom confesses her stupidity.

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 7:11am PST 
I have had allergies, and we think it may have been food allergies and a reaction to chicken in the kibble. Also some environmental allergies, to top off the mix.

So...raw eating really helped, since raw chicken doesn't affect me the way processed chicken did.

But the babies started getting finicky so mom would sear their chicken bits. Eventually she just started searing all the food and mine too, even though I don't care and like it fine raw-raw.

And then I got the itchies, but it was when my grass allergies started up. So mom figured it was that. But things got worse. I am all itchy.

Finally...the light came on. I shouldn't be eating the seared chicken.

Doh.

Doh.

Back on raw-raw. Mom is stupid, but she means well.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 7:47am PST 
Don't feel too bad Savvy!

When the body is already reacting to one allergen, its more likely to react negatively to other allergens that maybe usually aren't as bad. She probably would have been totally fine on the seared food if the grass allergy hadn't thrown her out of whack!

Hopefully the itching will stop and she'll be feeling better again soon meditate
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Jun 26, '12 8:19am PST 
Hi, Mulder. I am getting baths with Samoa's medicated shampoo. It helps a lot.

(He says I can use all I want!)
[notify]