GO!

Raw feeders, let's rant. (Keepin' it civil, of course!)

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 51)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Lobo

"Stubborn" dogs- don't need- corrections

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 11:33am PST 
Maybe it's just me, but that funky little "You'll make him/her vicious" was always kinda humorous. But then, they're probably also people who believe that a wild wolf pack is 'vicious' too. laugh out loud

Nukka,
I like how they said "... two patients die and two patients get really sick from it..."

First, from what? From raw meat? laugh out loud Unless the owner was feeding in a seriously wrong way, or there is some SERIOUS underlying medical problem(but even then, it's doubtful), OR they got contaminated meat, the dog should not be sick. I find that to be a load of bull.

Second, if I was to hold that vet to any credit, I would have to wonder... just how little patients does she have for her to think that TWO cases of a "really" sick dog actually make the diet itself bad? If Lobo gets too much fat, he gets sick, too. He can't have the skins on chicken. Chicken itself, fed too much or too often, can also give him gas.

The rest of that is just... laughable. A dog has specialized enzymes in their saliva that starts the breakdown of anything that could be harmful - like salmonella. And if you're really worried about getting sick, you could always, oh I don't know... CLEAN? I don't know about you guys, but I always disinfect my counter space as well as my hands. I don't know. Maybe I'm just strange that way? shrug

Farley, what's even better is when people continue to argue against that. laugh out loud

Gizmo, if I'd let them, my grandparents would STILL have Poppy on Beneful. I get it, it's cheap and easy. But is it really so difficult to go down to Tractor Supply once a month for Taste of the Wild? Their answer is no party Especially since a month's supply of TOTW is cheaper than a bag of Beneful. I am pretty angry, though. Recently, my grandpa bought... I don't even know WHAT it is; I'll have to go back and check... But it's definitely NOT what I asked, and it's definitely a grocery store brand. Poppy has fear and reactivity problems, and I'm a firm believer that nutrition also plays a major roll in behavior, along with proper exercise and training. So, yes, it does really bother me. A lot of times, it feels like I'm the only who cares for the future of these dogs.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I fear for Poppy's well-being and mental state when I finally do move out.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 51)  
1  2  3  4  5  6