GO!

Do you reuse your ziplock baggies?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 9:15pm PST 
I do reuse my zip lock bags. I know what you mean about it seeming it could be a health risk, yucky raw meat germs, but I wash them out, and it always makes me feel better to remember that the bags are ONLY for Cookie's food and when it comes to my dog, germs(bacteria) don't scare me as much, because I know what kind of crazy crap dogs can eat and still survive so.. I made the choice to reuse bags very early on. I don't have the money to buy plastic bags all the time.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 11:04pm PST 
Mine get tossed.

I tend to buy the cheapest thing on the shelf and usually they aren't in very good condition anymore by the time they get thawed out. I don't want meat juices dripping all over everything in the freezer and freezing things together.

Edited by author Sat Jun 16, '12 11:05pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 11:48pm PST 
I buy the huge ones and cling wrap all the meat. I have one for chicken, one for red meat, one for bones and one for organs. I never change them unless they stop sealing.

I just toss the wrapped up meat into the vegie bin at the bottom of the fridge (I have two) when it's defrost time.

I don't reuse the plastic wrap though, it gets pretty yuck.
[notify]

Jobi

Clown Dog

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 8:06pm PST 
i most certainly do!. wash it out and hang to dry, until it is un usable..smile
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 7:17am PST 
I reuse the ziplocks unless they were used for turkey or chicken feet the nails poke them..

I was the bags out when done then if there is a hole I'd see it then toss the ones with holes.

Sometimes I just put the ziplock bag in the freeze in a plastic bag I use to hold the zip locks since the meat didn't create much juice as I don't thaw the meat in the bag I take it out and since the meat is individually frozen and portioned to various sizes I can easily take it out with not much work.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 8:25am PST 
We reuse the bags, but once they've had pet food in them, that's all I will use them for. I just rinse them out with hot water, let them air dry and reuse them until they start to tear.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2