GO!

Do dogs fed on the raw diet need green tripe?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4  
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 8:20am PST 
I don't think it's necessary to feed it if you can't find it locally from pet shop, co op or online place I don't think it hurt if the dog doesn't get it.

Saya loves raw green tripe one of her favorite foods. No where nearby sells it.

There is a co op and mypetcarnivore so I'm planning to get some from the co op when I have enough room in freeze to do it.

If you can get some sure why not most dogs like the stuff and some don't so don't buy bulk orders till you know if your dog likes it.

I think it's good stuff to give.

So far Saya hasn't had it in long time she has done fine.. I gotten a lb of it from when I got stuff from hare today she got some once a week and she loved it.

Fact she loved it so much the smell doesn't bug me too much..

I'm hoping to get my own freezer soon instead of sharing so make it easier to get more variety of items from hare today or mypetcarnivore.
[notify]
Charlie Pete

G-day mate! - Wanna Play?

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 7:58pm PST 
A bit of a late entry to this discussion. I posted a few weeks ago regarding one of my pups who tends to have trouble digesting bone. I found a vet in Auckland (same country but not where I live) who is a strong proponent of raw and actually has started a raw food company. She emailed me back today and said that for dogs who have trouble digesting bone it is likely to be a low acidic environment in the guy. She said in the short term to start him on probiotic and fish oil. But over the long term to feed lots of tripe. She recommends tripe to be 30% of his meat intake. She was great to talk to...so nice to find someone that is quite keen on raw
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4