GO!

I heard something depressing today

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Sita CGC- SD(mostly- retired)

When we seeing- the ponies?!

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '12 10:58am PST 
Conker, I hope you meant access LOL big laugh I read that three times & just died laughing!
I haven't gone back to talk to the meat manager, but I do need to stock up on boneless meat again, so maybe I'll go talk to him thinking
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '12 11:53am PST 
Bruno, that is really cool, about donating the meat to wildlife. There are a lot of places around here that donate including one bakery that we scouted out that doesn't even use a dumpster. They donate every thing that's left over that day to a local shelter.

We only do a regular diving trip now to Trader Joe's, who are INCREDIBLY wasteful. The amount of good food they throw away every day is disgusting. In that one garbage bag, we must have found 10-15 packages of burger that were marked to expire 4 days away.

But yeah, I don't want to openly promote diving around here since [like raw feeding] it requires research and preparation to be done safely. Just thought I'd offer up some insight as to how wasteful companies are willing to be, out of greediness or sheer laziness. There is something in law called the Good Samaritan Act that protects companies from lawsuits if they donate food, so these places have NOTHING to lose by donating! I guess they just don't feel like doing it.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2