GO!

Newbie thread: Everything you need to know about proteins and cuts!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Chloe

small but mighty

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 10:26am PST 
How about pork necks? What size dog are they recommended for?
[notify]
Chloe

small but mighty

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 10:58am PST 
or lamb necks?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 3:36pm PST 
38 pound Max hasn't had lamb neck, someday I hope. He does great with pork necks. I get whole ones that are shaped like 7 and weigh about a pound. They are mostly bone with hard to get at meat, some easier to eat bone and a whole lot of spine I don't want him to eat. I count on throwing about half of the total weight away. If I let him eat the whole thing he wouldn't need any more bone for at least a week and for a couple of days after he would have horrible dry poop.

So any dog can eat whole neck pieces. A smaller dog would not finish all the bone and a larger dog might get pork neck along with boneless meat and finish the whole thing.

I would not offer the cut neck pieces. If such things fit in the dog's mouth they might get the not so bright idea to swallow that boring to chew thing and it could cause quite a bit of trouble.
[notify]

Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 10:17am PST 
blue dogblue dogblue dog

Bump to the top of the forum!
[notify]
Crash- Dynamite

Live up to your- Name!

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 10:46pm PST 
bump to top
[notify]
Holiday

Puddle Puppy

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 3:33am PST 
Thank you!!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 10:11am PST 
Saya is 20 or 22lbs and she has had lamb necks and did fine.

Bella 50 to 55lb boxer had lamb neck too she did fine. Coarse Bella is more of a good chewer if she was type to eat fast and gulp I wouldn't give it to Bella.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 11:08pm PST 
snoopy bump
[notify]
Duke

I'm king of the- world!

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 1:38pm PST 
bump
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle