GO!

Newbie thread: Everything you need to know about proteins and cuts!

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 3 of 8: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 3:07pm PST 
That tripe might be bleached tripe maybe?

Tripe is organ, but I count as extra organ or something like that.
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 5:08pm PST 
If the tripe you bought was anything but greenish-brown in color, then it's not "green" tripe and won't give much nutrition to your pup.

Sorry bout the lack of updates guys, I'm still waiting (several days now) for a moderator to answer my ticket.

Edit: The stomach IS an organ, but should not be treated as a secreting organ. It's rich, so it can't be fed too often. I feed an entire meal of tripe once per week now, but dogs need to work up to that point first.

Edited by author Wed Feb 29, '12 5:09pm PST

[notify]
Charlie

Barked: Sat Mar 3, '12 12:04pm PST 
Thank you Dogster Moderators for clearing up my thread smile. The first post has been updated with all the added fish types. The lamb/mutton section of the thread will be added soon.
[notify]

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Wed Mar 14, '12 4:52pm PST 
Bump for Toby!
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '12 2:03pm PST 
BUMPING!!!!! dog walkdancinghi5
[notify]
Bandit

i love the beach

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '12 5:47am PST 
What a great thread! Thank you so much!!cheer

This is tremendously helpful as we are transitioning to an all fresh food diet for Bandit, and his vet has recommended we go RAW once we are comfortable doing so (we're finishing off his kibble with a mix of homecooked for now). She also insists we buy organic meats only for the dogs, so I need to find something wallet friendly. Knowing which cuts are safe and good for them will help a long way in finding some bargains!

Thanks again!
[notify]
Saber (In- Memory)

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 6:10pm PST 
Has anyone ever fed duck? Is it considered a white meat?
[notify]
Charlie

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 8:14pm PST 
Hi Saber smile I fed a whole duck a few weeks ago. The meat is darker than chicken, but it is still poultry and so it is considered a white meat. It's shaped odd in comparison to a chicken. The wings are long and slender and have very little meat on them and the leg quarters are surprisingly about half the size of a chicken leg quarter.
[notify]
Zeppelin CGN

Mellow is the- path to- happiness

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 8:37am PST 
THANK YOU CHARLIE!! hail
This is fantastic! I am also going to print it and keep it in my purse! laugh out loud
[notify]
Phoebe, CGC

I'm a Brussel- Sprout!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 12:49pm PST 
Great thread, Charlie! applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 8: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8