GO!

Beginner's Guide To Prey Model Raw

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '12 12:51pm PST 
The PDF version was just updated.

I changed the initial page view to the height of the screen instead of the width.

The table of contents is bookmarked so you can go back to the TOC from anywhere in the doc. easily. You just have to go to the bookmarks button on the left side of the document - looks kind of like a ribbon.

A couple of animals have been added to "Can I Feed."

The "Enhanced Meat" section of "Can I Feed" has average naturally occurring sodium levels for certain animals added.

I found some bone percentages for rabbit from a scientific studt so that is included with the other bone percentages in the "Getting Started" section under "Alternatives to Chicken."
[notify]
Brody

Tiny boy, but he- has a huge- heart!

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '12 1:29pm PST 
This is a super guide. Better than a book!! I recommend it all the time. Thanks so much for making it a PDF file. Very easy to navigate and use. THANK YOU!!! smile
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 3:41pm PST 
I changed the name of the website page the guide is on.

It is now at:
http://puppybutt.weebly.com/prey-model-raw.html

Remove any Dogster-added spaces.
[notify]

Ruby

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '12 11:05am PST 
Is it normal for a dog to have excessive drool after starting raw?
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 9:21pm PST 
Ruby, you will probably get more input if you start a separate thread but I'll bump this up.
I've only started 1 dog on raw and she isn't a drooler unless we are slow with the treats she gets when she gets in the car.

And the guide went through a reorganization of the 1st section with some info added and spelling errors corrected.
[notify]
Tucker, CGC,- TDI

Bloggin' Dog

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 2:18pm PST 
Chance, this is an amazing resource! We definitely need to keep this one bumped up!
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 5:12am PST 
welcome
Bump this awesome thread up for the newbies!
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 12:17am PST 
The Guide is now at major revision #4 as of May 2, 2012.

The bone percentages that were found in the "Getting Started" section have been moved to the "Bones" section.
Plus I added quite a few bone percentages for different cuts of meat and listed where I found the percentages.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 12:25am PST 
Your guide is fantastic, Chance! So much great information, easy to read, all in one place. I recommend it to everyone who asks me about raw!
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 4:16pm PST 
Bump to the top of the board!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5