GO!

What can you get from Asian markets?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3  
Elliott

Insanely- Handsome

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:26am PST 
Well, we have an asian meat market very close to us and they have a lot of good stuff. The last time I went I picked up some nilgai ribs, alligator, beef ribs, a buffalo hide, elk, frog legs, kangaroo, kobe beef ribs, and lamb. The time before that I was able to get llama, pork leg, rabbit, and turtle. Next time I go I will be getting some venison, wild boar, and wa-gyu. I'm really excited about the wa-gyu! I'm also hoping their yak will be back in stock. I've also gotten duck, chicke,goose, guinea, pheasant, quail, and squab at different times. My dogs love the alligator and nilgai the most, though. I can't wait until they get their berkshire pork in! When I bought the buffalo hide (to make a dog bed), they gave me 6 lbs of free buffalo with it! cheer
[notify]
Elliott

Insanely- Handsome

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:31am PST 
What is wrong with asian markets? They contain tons and tons of awesome stuff! thinking
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:36am PST 
I love, love, LOVE Asian markets. Best place out there, other than dog boutiques! laugh out loud

Edited by moderator Tue Apr 26, '11 1:40pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Elliott

Insanely- Handsome

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:39am PST 
Oh, okay. laugh out loud I'm honestly the same way about dairy though. I hate it. But, that is my opinion. shrug
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:47am PST 
I've honestly never given much thought to the connection between dairy and veal, but now that it's been pointed out there is a sad connection. I've seen some of the veal farms and it's pretty sad, they're stuck in little igloo type enclosures and aren't allowed out.

My family only drinks raw local goat's milk though. We've been to the farm, and seen the way the goats are raised and cared for. They had some lovely Anatolian Shepherds too! I may not be able to afford organic, free-range meat for my dogs, but my mom is pretty choosy about where she gets her food from. wink Agh! The dog's are glaring at me... bad Kat, time for W-A-L-K-S. laugh out loud
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 1:19pm PST 
FINANCALLY we can NOT afford to feed our families that way, so we doubtfully will feed our dogs that way.

WE have decided what we can afford (and that sadly is factory farmed animal).

Thanks for considering us when thinking about spreading the word of factory farms.

Edited by moderator Tue Apr 26, '11 1:38pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Dogster HQ

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 1:33pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3