GO!

What about canned tuna?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Hurlington

Dog?! I'm a- DINOSAUR!!!

Barked: Sun May 23, '10 10:06pm PST 
Is chunk light okay to give every once in awhile? I know it's bad for cats...
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon May 24, '10 6:42am PST 
It is high in mercury and salt. I wouldn't use it as part of a regular diet. In an emergency it is just fine though.
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Mon May 24, '10 9:47am PST 
Jack Mackerel or sardines in water would be better, but if it's all you've got, it'll have to do.
[notify]

Hurlington

Dog?! I'm a- DINOSAUR!!!

Barked: Mon May 24, '10 10:30am PST 
Thanks guys, I kinda just wanted to give them a snack last night. It was chunk light in water, so at least the mercury level is way lower. I also rinsed it thoroughly in hot water (in the drainer) to get rid of the excess salt. Hopefully that made it a little better! Definitely won't be a an all-the-time treat though.
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Mon May 24, '10 6:59pm PST 
Gotmercury.org has a mercury calculator. If 50 pound Lily ate 6 ounces, it would be 126% of the safe mercury allotment. We use canned salmon. It has 0%.
[notify]