GO!

Dehydrated Chicken Feet

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 9:41pm PST 
Today I took the plunge, and made - Dehydrated Chicken feet! OMD they look so nasty guys, they are like purple and bruised looking and shrivled and gross. Hah. but actually, so nasty - i'm hoping chloe will like them.

I started with only 6 just to make sure they would work out, I've had them cooking for about 6 1/2 hours, I was wondering if anyone know if there is actual bone in the feet or if it's just cartilige tendon and muscle? Also should I snip the toe nails off because they are cooked? will they be hard and scratch her?

Thanks guys! also, if anyone wants to make them, themselves - they are virtually odorless while cooking =]

cheer
[notify]
Phoebe, CGC

I'm a Brussel- Sprout!

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 9:42pm PST 
Ooh, fun! Guess I need to get a dehydrator! But first I need a meat grinder. smile
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 9:44pm PST 
I didn't use one =] I used my oven at a temperature of about 200F ish
[notify]

Phoebe, CGC

I'm a Brussel- Sprout!

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 10:42pm PST 
Chloe, really? Good to know - I may have to dehydrate something. But what, I wonder? I don't have any chicken feet. frown
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 5:27am PST 
I saw dehydrated chicken feet being sold at our holistic pet supply shop, and it was like 10 feet for $10. shock

I didn't get any but they did look kinda gross too.. BOL.
[notify]
Brody

Tiny boy, but he- has a huge- heart!

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 5:33am PST 
oh my gosh - I BOUGHT dehydrated chicken feet a couple months ago before I knew where to get fresh ones! They were $12.00 for 12 feet in a little bucket plus shipping! That's so neat that you can make your own. GREAT! Let us know what Chloe thinks! The ones I bought have pointy nails on them. I didn't cut them off.
[notify]
Ando

Shepherd Savior.

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 5:49am PST 
Sounds delicious looking.
laugh out loud
[notify]
Lily a.k.a.- Lil'Pup

I get to come- too.....right?

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 6:42am PST 
We found dehydrated chicken feets at a dog show last spring, bought them on a whim. Funky looking things. The pups LOVED them, crunched them up and looked for more. Since then we are on bag #3.

I have not seen fresh feet in my area, so dehydrated is my only option. The pups get them as a treat and as part of their dinner on meat heavy meals.

In the event that your pup does not like them, there are ways to recycle their use. My fiance had me order more as an accessory to his Halloween costume this year, he dressed as a shaman.
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 8:23am PST 
Haha! The Shaman idea! So creative.. must have looked tasty to the dogs.
[notify]
Blake CGC

got meat?

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 8:44am PST 
I have to ask- why bother dehydrating them?

I would advise against dehydrating (aka cooking at a low temperature) anything with bone. Yes, chicken feet are bone.

Mama Nature intended them as is, and that's how we eat them!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2