GO!

Is a Carp good for a dog?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  
K-10 Von- Canein

K-10. 1 step- above a k-9

Barked: Wed Oct 14, '09 2:30pm PST 
Thank everyone! I learned alot from all of you on this! Carp will not be on K-10's diet. I'll stick with other foods without all of the mercury. Mercury is not something I want in my system, and therefore can not be good in any mamals system. I'm glad I asked it here, as I was intending to feed about 5 pounds of carp to the dog in a few days. I know 5 pounds of food of any type sounds like alot for a 104 lb dog, but he is still filling out, so I watch his weight and rib cage to keep just the front rib showing, and 5-7 pounds of meat per day is about what it takes with all of his activity. You guys helped my prevent a bad accident of feeding carp, and I thank you all!
[notify]
Byron

Bridge Angel - always loved

Barked: Wed Oct 14, '09 2:48pm PST 
Eww, fish lice. shock One more thing I never wanted to know about. big grin

Lily, the mercury percentage being way too high - is that for a week's diet? If you fed carp only once every couple of months, say, would it still be bad? Or would you risk heavy metal poisoning immediately?

What do you do with a burned-out lightbulb? I've made huge strides in becoming greener, but some of this stuff baffles me.
shrug
In the immortal words of Wicked, it's not easy being green. (That's from a t-shirt, not the show.)
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Wed Oct 14, '09 3:56pm PST 
Bol wasn't "it's not easy being green" from kermit the frogthinking

I wonder if there's a special way to recycle light bulbsthinking
[notify]

Tsuki

Barked: Thu Oct 15, '09 3:41pm PST 
lol... it's from Wicked as well... excellent book and I'd almost say a better show! Got to see it in San Francisco about 6 months ago! Had a blast!
[notify]
Raine

i love cheese- but im not- allowed to eat

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '17 2:20am PST 
just pop the carp in a blender.
[notify]
Raine

i love cheese- but im not- allowed to eat

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '17 2:20am PST 
just pop the carp in a blender.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)