GO!

Beef Marrow Bones

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Beamer

When in doubt,- hump!

Barked: Mon Oct 27, '08 5:01pm PST 
Hi all!

Does anyone know if marrow bones are fattening? How many calories per ounce? How often do you guys five marrow bones to chew?

Thanks!
[notify]
Henry CGC

i love the snow

Barked: Mon Oct 27, '08 5:11pm PST 
wow my dogs can't even eat beef marrow bones..and i thought they were superchewers..but they clean the bone white then leave it.

anyway inside it's mostly fat i believe
i haven't found it cheap or anything and since it's mostly fat i don't give it much since they don't eat the bone anyway

It does take them a while to clean it out though so i'm thinking it will be a good long lasting treat for cold weather, i can restuff the bones with other things

Edited by author Mon Oct 27, '08 5:13pm PST

[notify]
Quinn

Walk, sniff,- pee, repeat...

Barked: Mon Oct 27, '08 5:12pm PST 
I had thought marrow bones were "wreck" bones as in they can break and damage your dogs teeth. So I have never fed them to my dog just to be on the safe side. But maybe others will have different advice.
[notify]

Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Mon Oct 27, '08 5:15pm PST 
I stay away from pretty much any beef bones, I would especially stsy away from them if you have a small dog. Some big dogs can eat ribs and such. But Maya can't and I'd rather keep them out of her mouth than have to get dental work done.
[notify]