GO!

Any dogs with severe allergies???

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Burton

Time for a nap.

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 4:14pm PST 
Hi all Raw Feeders! Burton and Bella have been on raw since August and love it!! Now we are trying to convince my sister(who owns Burtons brother and another doxie) to make the switch. One of her doxies has very severe allergies. Her vet did some tests and said she basically is allergic to everything. Including chicken?!?! I said that was highly unlikey, however she changed the dogs diet. There has been NO improvment. She called me and asked about raw, but I was hoping to further convince her by being able to tell her some stories about dogs with allergies...hope you all can help me! I am really worried about her dogs. The one has lost almost all of her fur! Thanks to all in advance for your help!!! hug
[notify]
ORSON the- DOGGE

if i had thumbs,- i'd rule the- world!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 4:17pm PST 
i would tell her to try feeding the chicken raw, sometimes dogs who are allergic to cooked chicken do fine eating it raw. Cooking totally changes the make-up of the meat and can cause allergies.
[notify]
Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 4:48pm PST 
Storm, the Bearded Collie, has allergies to cooked proteins.

dog Stooooorrrmmm, where are yoouuuuu?

Edited by author Sun Feb 17, '08 4:49pm PST

[notify]

Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 5:08pm PST 
Winnie,

You beat me to it! I too was hoping Storm would poke that fuzzy mug of his into this thread for some advice!
[notify]
Molly Sue

It's naptime- right?!?

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 5:21pm PST 
I just started raw today.....I'm hoping for it to clear up my allergies! I lose fur in patches....am constantly scratching...and have chronic ear problems! I'd like to hear success stories too!way to go
[notify]
Burton

Time for a nap.

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 5:49pm PST 
Orson that is a great point! Thank you, I'll definatly suggest that to her.way to go
[notify]
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 6:44pm PST 
What kind of food is her dog on now? Is she doing well on it?

If she is not feeding a vegetarian diet, there must be some meat-based protein source. Although variety is ideal, all it takes it one or two protein sources (and there are many) to make a raw diet. Since she's feeding a doxie, even if you have to go to some exotics, it still shouldn't be TERRIBLY expensive to feed.

Can you find out more about her current diet and share with the group?
[notify]
Burton

Time for a nap.

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 7:16pm PST 
I am waiting to hear back from my sister on what exactly they are eating now. I know her vet recommended it so I am guessing Science Diet or something?? They are not doing well on whatever it is. There has been no improvement in the dogs condition. I will try to link some pics of what Tootsie looks like on here...
[notify]
The Black- and Tan Clan

have a nice day

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 7:20pm PST 
well hair loss in doxies is a frequent thing... are they itchy or just balding??

NuNus stomach is almost completly bald!!! and he dosent have any itchyness, just started thinning and now his snomach is almost complety bald!! after many skin scrapings the vet concluded it was "canine pattern baldness" laugh out loud apparently no real reson for it...

now for allergies my other doxie tink has some allergies going on that the raw diet actually hasnt helped... im tring to figure out if it is an eviornmental allergy or a food allergy...
[notify]
Burton

Time for a nap.

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '08 7:26pm PST 
Here is what poor Tootsie looks like even after the vet recommended diet.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcMnDhy2aNm L24¬ag=1
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9