GO!

PERSONAL RAW FEEDING GUIDE (New and Improved)

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 6 of 32: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]  
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 5:37pm PST 
I can email it to you. Just pm me your email address and I'll send it to you!
[notify]
Ella

All squeakies- must die!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 2:38pm PST 
I have a request to you wonderful dogsters that are in charge of updating the spreadsheet: Can you make it for kilograms instead of pounds? Most countries use the metric system, and while raw-feeding is primarily an English-speaking trend, I think that will change over time.

Or alternatively, could one of you spreadsheet whizzes tell me how to input the formula to alter my spreadsheet?

Thank you for considering this!
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 3:05pm PST 
Just multiply your results by 2.2. One kilo is 2.2 pounds. To go the other way divide by 2.2.

big grin
[notify]

Ella

All squeakies- must die!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 3:24pm PST 
I know...I just kind of wanted the whole chart in kilograms, because between the underweight dog and the mongrel puppy, I'm not sure what their exact ideal weights are, and I'm having to do a lot of adjusting as they grow/put on weight. I know that sounds whiny, but sometimes I mess up with switching back and forth all the time.

I'm also starting my cat on raw, and we're planning on adopting a kitten sometime in the next 6 months or so, so with the fluxuating weights and stuff...it would be really nice to have everything in kgs.

If anyone knows how to plug in that 2.2 calculation into Excel, could you please pawmail me? Because I don't know much about Excel...sorry!

Edited by author Fri Mar 7, '08 3:31pm PST

[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 3:33pm PST 
Remember that cats and dogs are different. I believe that spreadsheet is just for dogs, at least concerning how much you have to feed. Cats eat A LOT more than dogs pound-for-pound.

Seems like there's gotta be a pretty easy way to convert that spreadsheet to metric, though I'm not an Excel expert so I don't know how...
[notify]
Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 6:55pm PST 
You may want to print this response so you can have it while changing your worksheet.

If you want to convert the raw meat measures into metrics. You can do the following:

Step 1 - In cell C3 (the cell right next to the yellow box for the dog's weight in pounds) - Put in your dogs weight in kgs

Step 2 - To change the pounds column to Kilograms - In the cell for "Total weight per day in lbs" - the cell formula will say - (0.015)*(B3) - Just change the B3 to C3. Do the same with all the columns that use pounds (lbs).

Step 3 - To change the ounces columns to grams - If you look in column C6, you will see the formula (B6)*(16). Change the (16) to (1000). Do this in all the columns that use ounces (oz).

That should work for you. You may want to do a "save as" first and save it under a different name in case you screw up, you will still have your original.

Let me know if that works for you.
[notify]
Blue

The amazing- cow-dog!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 7:28pm PST 
Thank you all so much for this! That is amazing!! I get so sick of re-doing my math all the time. Lol.
[notify]
Tiggles- (CGC, SILIF)- IN LOVING

Give LOVE to get- LOVE-Adopt a- Dog!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 7:32pm PST 
hailhailhailhailhailhail
[notify]
Ella

All squeakies- must die!

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 4:10am PST 
Thank you! hail
[notify]
Quinn

Walk, sniff,- pee, repeat...

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 7:39am PST 
Geez... you slack off on your dogstering habits for a few weeks and look what you almost miss! This is amazing, exactly what I needed.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 32: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]