GO!

PERSONAL RAW FEEDING GUIDE (New and Improved)

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 32: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
The Black- and Tan Clan

have a nice day

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 9:23pm PST 
thanks tikka, its doenloading now, so yey i can finally see the spredsheet!!!

ok i downloaded it but i cant edit it since i dont have the real version frown

Edited by author Sun Feb 3, '08 9:28pm PST

[notify]
Arko

ah..finally a- good life...

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 9:36pm PST 
awww i cant open it!!! keeps saying "problem loading page" i can view any docs with google, so its not that....

frown
[notify]
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 12:49am PST 
People without Excel can try downloading OpenOffice.org, which is a free version of most of Microsoft Office's programs. The spreadsheet program that comes with it should be able to open Excel files just fine.
[notify]

The Black- and Tan Clan

have a nice day

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 10:58am PST 
thanks fudge, were tring to download that one now... hopefully it will work!!
[notify]
Barley

Momma's Big Baby

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 11:04am PST 
This is such a great tool for folks like me who are just getting into RAW. I've been feeling like I was flying blind so this is very helpful.
Barley, Stanley, & Gibson thank you all from the bottoms of their furry little hearts.
My bows got turkey necks for the first time Saturday. Stanley and Gibson downed their's in minutes. Barley on the other hand thought it was the best toy yet and played with his for an hour before finally eating it. I'm not sure what that means...but he seemed perfectly content.
[notify]
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 11:28am PST 
Takiah,

I don't have a problem with you sharing the spreadsheet at all.

Fudge? Mox? Iz? Tik? Any objections?
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 12:35pm PST 
Oh, and Mattie too!
[notify]
Takiah

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 3:08pm PST 
Thanks Mocha. I know it is publicly posted anyways, but just wanted to make sure you guys didn`t mind. I think it is a great tool to spread the word around and help especially newbies out. I`ll wait for the others before I do though. smile
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 4:58pm PST 
Takiah,

I know what you're saying. Even after the first version was posted here, I did double check with Fudge before sharing it with some members of my raw co-op.
[notify]
Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 7:11pm PST 
Hey, Takiah & Mokie,

If it's o.k. with Mattie, Izzie and Moxie (this is pretty funny, btw!), its o.k. with me.

I agree that I think it would help a lot of raw feeders. I don't have a problem with it being shared as long as no one starts charging money for access to the spreadsheet (i.e. someone we don't know taking advantage). That has been my only concern about it from the start. I don't know if some sort of disclaimer would help....or even if you guys think it is necessary. I don't belong to any other groups, so I don't really know.

The other worry I have is about copyright issues. The nutrient profile is based on the NRC guidelines and the text is copyrighted of course.....I think anyone who shares their spreadsheet should add a source citation on the spread sheet at the bottom of the nutrient profile. That should cover you from any potential liability from using their information.

I don't think there are any copyright issues with the top part that calculates food weights using the PMR model.

Fudge, do you think we should add this citation to the bottom of the spreadsheet??

SOURCE: Nutrient profile adapted from, National Research Council of the National Academies (2006). Nutrient Requirements of Dogs and Cats, Table 15-4, page 359, Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press. (www.nap.edu)

Edited by author Mon Feb 4, '08 7:19pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 32: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]