GO!

So you are interested in feeding raw ...

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 82 of 82: Viewing entries 811 to 817)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 9:15am PST 
BUMP!welcome
[notify]
Puck

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '14 10:54am PST 
BUMP!!!
[notify]
Puck

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '14 2:43pm PST 
dancingdancing Bump dancingdancing
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 15, '14 11:23am PST 
Hi!! I adopted a husky/lab about a week ago, a very unforeseen adoption so I am madly doing research on raw food diet/everything dog now and taking the month off to train him and get to know him.

I calculated ratios and went meat shopping, started him off on stewing beef when I switched from the crap kibble he was on when I got him.. he loved that. But when I gave him meaty bone, muscle meat and organ meat in the proper ratios.. he just eats the muscle meat and leaves the liver, etc and anything that he has to chew off the bone. He's being sort of a pansy for lack of better description. I don't know if he just doesn't know how to chew the bone to get the meat off? I spent two hours tearing into the turkey wing yesterday with my hands trying to show him how to get the meat off… when I would pull the meat off the bone he would eat it! But wouldn't touch the bone. I just spent some time observing/photographing a pack of wolves up north and I wish I video'd them feasting for my dog to see how its done. Haha.

Anyways, how do I get him interested in this diet? I know its best for him… but he's 16 months and has been eating kibble for all of that. He likes meat, but is a gentle feeder and isn't getting fully into it. We go mtn biking, running and swimming everyday, so I know he has an appetite! I figured he would have been right in there.

Any advice is hugely appreciated. Thank you!
[notify]
Puck

Barked: Sun Aug 17, '14 6:25am PST 
For the organs, lightly sear in a hot pan, just a few seconds on both sides, it will bring out the flavors for them to be interested in them. I only had to do this for a couple of days until Puck realized he liked it.

For RMB's, try pork necks, there isn't too much meat, and the bone is easier to chew. If it is bone you are including in the meal, chicken bones work the best.
[notify]
Pepper,Littl- e Duke,- KoaKoa

If it's in the- yard, I'll catch- it.

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '14 9:01am PST 
bump
[notify]
Jasper

Older is Wiser

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '14 10:18am PST 
Message from HQ

Woof! This post is getting a bath! Well, actually it is getting reviewed by HQ. This happens all the time for a lot of different reasons. Assuming all is ok, the post should be back in a tail wag. If you have a question, contact forums@dogster.com or read the community guidelines.

(Page 82 of 82: Viewing entries 811 to 817)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82