Puppy eating Pee Pads. Help!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Hi, My little 13 week old puppy chews up and eats her Pee Pads. How do I get her to stop this? Can this hurt her? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sassy Britches!
Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 5:32pm PST 
Train her to go outside on a leash and get rid of the puppy pads. Every hour on the hour, run her outside. when she goes praise her and give her a treat! Clean up any accidents with enzymatic cleaner like nature's miracle. Tether her to you and Keep a hawk eye on her when she is not in her crate. Any sniffing, circling, squating and RUN outside with her to go to her potty spot. Praise, treat and repeat.

Will Work For- Food
Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 8:02pm PST 
I agree - get rid of the pee pads and train her to ask to go outside. You will need to watch her like a hawk for any signs of her needing to pee and if you can't watch her, in a crate she goes. A 13 week old puppy won't take very long to catch on to the idea but the longer you wait the harder it will be.

Spoiled Little- Girl
Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 12:46am PST 
I have the same problem except with newspapers confused

I keep them under her pee pee pads, because the new ones I got her are to small, and she would step on it and pee on the edges. When I ignore her I notice that is when she goes and chews on it. I just tell her no and take her away from them, and give her something to play with or chew on.

She actually has not done it in a couple weeks