GO!

So.. Is he a GSD?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Arkane

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 4:28pm PST 
Arkane weighed in at 43lb today. He is about 20 inches at the shoulder.
I personally think he has a GSD body, but hes just really really short. But he has collie fur / tail.
When Nare was growing up I remember he was really short until he hit a growth spurt at around 8 months old, so I guess we'll see.

Arkane

Picture
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 4:56pm PST 
To me, the head doesn't seem quite right, especially the eyes and ears. GSD's have distinctly pointed ears, his are quite rounded.
And, even a long coated GSD doesn't usually have that much hair at his age.
Don't ya LOVE the guessing?big grin
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 4:59pm PST 
Yeah, i don't know, but i'd guess there is something else in the mix too. Hard to pinpoint what that could be, maybe Collie, but he doesn't look purebred to me either. He's gorgeous though! way to go
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 5:28pm PST 
Agree with Toto that his ears don't really look like GSD ears. They look awesome though, all that fur sticking out is adorable. White GSD x Collie wouldn't surprise me at all based on the shape of his face and ears.

He really is a beautiful boy!
[notify]
Arkane

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 6:21pm PST 
His ears are set really far back (if he folds them down, it doesn't look like he has ears at all). His head is really flat on the top but round on the cheeks.
At the tips of his ears, they actually fold back, kinda weird. like a 7 kind of.

I LOVE fuzzy ears. I just think Naresy has the cutest ears ever, and I think Ark's are going to turn out just like his. His face will probably puff out too, Nare started with a really slim face and then it got all fluffy and handsome.

Thank you all for the imput. I'm going to check to see if I can find any google-twins and ask the rescue if I could get pictures of his siblings. C:
[notify]
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 2:13pm PST 
I don't know why but his picture reminds me a little of one of those big white guardian breeds (Pyr, Kuvasz, Maremma, etc).
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 12:26pm PST 
He looks like a mix to me.
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 6:43am PST 
Maybe some Sammy in him? They have more rounded ears, are smaller and have more coat.
[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 6:33am PST 
What a cute pup!
The video convinced me he is mostly White GSD and Golden Retriever/English White Retriever. His coat is not Spitz like, which might indicate Samoyed or Husky. And the ears are very rounded. Samoyed have short pointed wider set ears, not rounded.

He does have a lot of coat for a 6 month old. Perhaps he has fooled us all and has something else mixed in there.

I loved watching you play soccer together. What an attentive face he has. wave
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 11:52am PST 
I think there's some Aussie in there. My friends working line Aussie has a similar coat, erect ears, and narrower muzzle. She actually looks more BC than Aussie. Arkane does have the rounded tip ears that most Aussies have, they're just pointed sky high.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2