GO!

Anyone care to guess what breed/s Duncan is?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Duncan

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 11:38am PST 
We rescued him 2 weeks ago. The rescue labeled him a Terrier Mix. We see Rottie, Austrailian Shep or some kind of spaniel. He's about 16 wks old and 20lbs. What do you all think?
[notify]
Matt

Distinguished- Gentleman

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 2:43pm PST 
He looks like a Rottweiler Shepherd cross! It'll be interesting to see how he fills out as he gets older. Might be fun to get him DNA tested and see what runs in his bloodlines. I met a couple who rescued a dog who the organization said was a border collie cross (she very much looked it, too), they decided to get her DNA tested and she ended up being Husky/Shepherd/Pitbull!
[notify]
Tuck

CHIC CH. Tuck- CDX TDX RN VNEX- TDI SAR-W3

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 3:45pm PST 
DNA tests are from my experience (and many others) a rip off. If you send them a requested picture of another mix with the DNA of your purebred known lineage dog, they come up with a gamut of bread guesses. You may as well submit the picture and forget paying the expense of the DNA. Your chances are better here of getting a better guess with your picture than you will with a DNA sample.
[notify]

Duncan

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 9:32am PST 
I didn't even consider DNA testing - sounds like a ripoff for sure. I just wanted opinions from these boards. Everyone seems so knowledgable. The vet says she sees rottie but the white with black spots on his chest and paws have her stumped LOL.
[notify]
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 2:12pm PST 
He could be some kind of cattle dog, kelpie, or heeler mix. He seems a bit on the small side to be a Shepherd or Rottie IMO.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 12:27am PST 
definitely looks like a kelpie/ACD mix to me. As he gets older his behavior should be a good indicator if he's a herding mix.
[notify]
Maiya

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 8:54pm PST 
My guess is miniature Doberman, or regular dobey. Hard to say can't really determine the size of the dog in the picture. I would definitely rule out spaniel or aussie for sure.
[notify]
Tipper

The puppy on the- Stairs.

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 10:54am PST 
I'll bet you are the exact same breed as me. I am a certified, 100% pure....(drum roll please) God Only Knows or GOK for short. laugh out loud
[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 5:35am PST 
I wouldn't rule out DNA testing.
Mars Wisdom Panel got Pepper dead on. However, the more mixed up your mix is, the harder it is to decipher. Snickers is Siberian Husky and Flat Coated Ret. But that is only 50% of his mix. The rest they couldn't tell.
The test has gotten more refined in just a few years.
It is also easy to contaminate the test before sending it in. It's a good idea to have a Vet that is experienced in doing the DNA tests get your sample for you.

With that asideā€¦. Once your pup is full grown it will be easier to tell what is mixed in there. In the mean time, have fun guessing while he grows.
VERY CUTE!!
welcome
[notify]
Duncan

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 11:40am PST 
OK I posted 2 more pics of Duncan. I don't know if they'll help anyone decide but it's worth a try. Thanks for the welcome!!!! smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2