GO!

Having two puppies at the same time

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Scooter

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 8:25am PST 
I have a 9 month old Caviler King Charles puppy. My mom has a 4 month old American Eskimo puppy. Individually they behave wonderfully, besides typical puppy behavior. I live with my parents so both pups live in the same house.

They seem to be inseparable at times. My other two dogs are 6 and 10 years old, and are typically annoyed when either puppy tries to play with them. When the see each other they run right up to each other. Then it's at least two hours of rough and tumble play. They get into everything imaginable. They have toys in every corner of the house, but they prefer the things they are not supposed to chew. We have puppy proofed, but They always seem to find something to get into.

They follow each other like they are stuck together. After hours of play we normally put them in them in the same crate to rest. They curl up together and rest for about an hour or two. They are crated seperatly when nobody is home, their crates are right next to each other. Then they are back at playing. My family has never had two puppies at the same time before, nor two dogs that seem so attached to each other. Growing up all of our dogs were at least four years apart.

The Eskie loves pulling on my Caviler's ears and tail. He tries to return the favor but ends up with a mouthful of fur.
[notify]
Rambo

Rambo & Fancy CC- littermates

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 3:34pm PST 
I have almost 6 month old littermates. They do the same as yours. Many people tell me it was a mistake, they become to dependent on each other, etc. Well, too late...I love em....
[notify]
Blaize

Watch out I- pounce and I- WILL LICK YOU

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 8:00pm PST 
I know what you are talking about as I have two puppies brother and sister Garnet and Blaze who are 10 months old. If we crate them separately they both cry so they sleep in the same crate when my husband and I are not home and at night. We make sure that they have plenty of toys to play with but their favorite toys are the cats Kiara and Simba. It seems like no matter how much you puppy proof your home puppies and especially Boston Terrier/Min Pin mix pups are always able to get into something.
[notify]

Tanqueray- Tonic

I kiss with my- teeth!

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 1:07am PST 
We added Tanqueray to the pack in October and I was given Mary Jane on Christmas Eve. They're now 7 and 5 months old. I have no regrets but I'll never rear two puppies together again. The added challenges are significant both logistically and financially. We are careful to ensure they do spend time apart for socialization and training purposes. They adore each other but are not codependent upon each other.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 11:38pm PST 
Having two puppies at the same time could either be a good thing or a bad thing. It will all depend on the owner's perspective. We had two puppies then, the younger one was 3 months old while the other one was 7 months old. It was a riot when the younger pup would sneak into the older pup's bowl and eat from it. It made us laugh then because the older pup would look around trying to comprehend how his food was consumed. It was hilarious. laugh out loud
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Mar 25, '13 3:53pm PST 
Sounds wonderful that they love each other so much. At the ages they are, trouble will be their middle name for quite some time. They are entering into or are in their juvenile delinquency stage of puppy development. They should start puppy or basic obedience classes soon to start reinforcing good manners. way to go

Just Remember to exchange the inappropriate item with an appropriate one EVERY time they get something they shouldn't have. Yes, it can be exhausting...but worth it in the end.

Good luck hughughughughug
[notify]