GO!

Sad, Sad day for ranger (one of the orphan puppies)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 3:28am PST 
So many of you know that I had taken 5 two day old puppies under my wing. I had bottle fed them and hand raised them pretty much from birth. I had taken extra attention and great care on finding them new homes. Unfortunately I had gotten a call on saturday from the family that had taken Ranger. They told me they no longer had the time for ranger as they family was gone 12 hours during the week. I also have my suspicions that he was an outside dog only only because they had built a dog house for him, he was outside when i arrived to the home, and he's not quite housebroken. I just wish the family had thought about their schedules before they decided to get a dog. The family also doesn't understand on how it affects the dog/puppy when it is just being taken away by someone other than their family that they had grown up with. The first two days he has paced back and forth, been very anxious, whines at the door, and when we take him outside he just sits there and whines some more. Which is completely understandable. It is just so hard for me to see him like this. I do have two ppl who are already interested in ranger. One person is my mother's best friend who also has a Labrador. If she takes ranger I know he'll be in good hands as I know this person very well. She is also like family to me. Another person that is interested in Ranger is a lady who is involved in a rescue out here. She wants ranger as her personal pet. I'm hoping that the family friend takes him though. Everyone please pray that I can find an everlasting forever home for ranger and that the family will include him as part of the family and not just a dog.
sad boy doesn't understand frown
Ranger - 7 months old
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 1:59pm PST 
awwww that's horrible cry I know you will find the right home for him.
And try and look at it this way, you have him back now and he will not be stuck outside his whole life and not cared for......you will find the right place for him
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:28am PST 
hughughughughug to both you and Ranger. I remember how hard you worked and the time you spent raising and caring for the puppies and also in trying to find them good forever homes. It's very sad that poor Ranger's situation didn't work out but we are glad he is back with you and know that you will do your very best to find him an amazing forever home that is able to give him the love and care he needs and deserves. Hugs,prayers and best wishes being sent to both of you and your family as well.flowers
[notify]

Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 11:58am PST 
I'm so sorry this happened cry

Ranger was my favourite puppy from the pictures... Poor boy.

But at least they got back in touch with you and didn't just pawn him off to anybody that was interested...

hughughug to you and Ranger... You worked so hard raising the puppies and I hope Ranger finds his forever home soon hug
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 3:22am PST 
Thank you M&K and Rocky. Yes I am thankful that the family followed the rehoming contract and contacted me instead of dropping him off at the shelter/rescue or reselling him. Ranger is going to live with my mom. About 2 months ago one of her ACD's had died. It was the strangest thing. Her and her sister were playing and out of nowhere the dog stopped and collapsed. My mom performed CPR on her own dog and it still wasn't enough. So since then she has been looking for another dog to keep her other ACD company and for her to play with.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 9:03am PST 
They're gone 12 hours a week ?
I'm gone 12 hours a day lol
It is not about how much time you have or don't have, but how you use it.. Some people watch tv, hang out with friends, go to the movies, etc.. Mine is spent with the dogs.

So sad, though.
I'm glad he is going someplace you can visit him and know they love him.
This would be one of the hardest things for me if I were rehoming puppies..
You just never know ):
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 6:45am PST 
M&L... its sad .. but as you say at least they had the decency to stick with the contract and not just dump Ranger.

Its meant you can "mend" this situation and as Ranger is going to be with your Mum now... it can all be mended properly for the Sweet Boy !

Sad that it had to happen.. but happy that its now going to be OK !

Hugsssss
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 8:25pm PST 
Poor baby. hughug The good part is the family honored the contract. That's a good thing. I'm sure he'll get a good home. smile
[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 3:40pm PST 
Ranger is so beautiful and I'm pleased the contract was followed. He will find a lasting loving forever homehug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 7:24am PST 
cheercheercheercheercheer Glad to hear Ranger will be spending the rest of his life with your Mom. That will be a wonderful thing for her,him,and you. she will have a new companion for herself and her other dog,he will have a good home with someone who will love and properly care for him,and you will get to see him grow-up and grow old without having to worry about how he is doing,you will know that all is well and be able to help your mom with him if necessary,I'm so glad it all worked out so well.hughughughughugflowershi5
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2